Privacy Statement “Armenia 2041” charitable foundation
This document is the Privacy Statement of the “Armenia 2041” Charity Foundation (the “Foundation”), a not-for-profit organization, incorporated under the laws of the Republic of Armenia, registration number: 222.160.1076744, address: 6 Bagratyan avenue, 0019, Yerevan, Armenia. This Privacy Statement describes how your personal data is collected, processed, and disclosed by the Foundation. The Foundation acts as the data controller for the processing of your personal data via its website www.armenia2041.com.
The Foundation treats personal information which it receives through its website with due care and in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation and does everything to ensure proper data protection. The Foundation is dedicated to safeguarding any personal information received by the Foundation. This Privacy Statement is designed to advise you about the type of information that the Foundation collects via its website and the purposes for which the information is being processed.
We may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes in our operations as well as legislative changes. If we make changes, we will notify you by indicating the date of the change at the bottom of the Statement and, in some cases, by providing additional notice (for example, by posting a notice on the home page of our Website or sending you an email notification).
We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement when you visit the Foundation’s Website to learn more about our data processing processes and how you can protect them, as well as how you can support us in this field.
This Privacy Statement will apply whenever you use the webpage available at the URL www.armenia2041.com, including any application made available by the Foundation for use on a tablet, mobile phone or other mobile device (individually and collectively, the “Foundation Website”) or when you otherwise communicate with us.
By using the Foundation Website, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Statement. Before using the Foundation Website, we advise you to carefully review all the sections that appear below.
Links to third-party websites
This Statement does not apply to third party websites that are linked to or accessed through the Foundation’s Website. We are not responsible for the content, features, functionality or privacy practices of other linked websites or services.
- Technically necessary cookies։ These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Website. Without these cookies the services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Analytical Performance cookies։ These cookies collect information about how visitors use the Website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information these cookies collect is aggregated. This information is used to provide aggregated and statistical information on the use of the Website and is used to improve the contents of the Website to enhance your user experience. The Website also uses analytics cookies placed by Google Analytics (including Google Tag Manager) to measure the number of visits and the parts of the Website that are the most popular among the Website’s visitors as well as for benchmarking purposes. This information is used to provide aggregated and statistical information on the use of the Website and is used to improve the contents of the Website to enhance your user experience.
- Functionality cookies։ These cookies may store your browser name, the type of computer and technical information about your means of connection to the Website, such as the operating system and the Internet Service Providers utilized and other similar information. This information is used to technically facilitate the navigation and use of the Website. In addition, functional cookies may be used to store personal settings, such as language, or to remember your information for next visits if so requested. The information these cookies collect will be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
If you disable the cookies through browser settings, the Website or certain parts of the Website may not work properly. Furthermore, certain personalized features may not be provided to you and thus you may not be able to take full advantage of all the Website’s features.
The browsers on all devices used by you to use or access the Website (e.g., on your smartphone, tablet, laptop etc.) will need to be adjusted to suit your cookie preferences. If you require more information or help to change your cookie preferences in your browser, please click here.
What do we collect?
When you visit our Website or contact us through the Website, you may voluntarily provide us with information about yourself, such as your email address. You can always choose whether to provide such personal information, for instance, we collect information when you sign up to receive email or text message updates, fill out a form, send us an email, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request information, reply to our requests, apply for a job, volunteering opportunity, or internship, or otherwise communicate with us. We also collect information about you when you donate, engage in one of our events, or participate in one of our programs. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, birthday, credit card number (processed by a third-party payment processor), and other information or media you choose to provide. We also automatically collect information using “cookies”, such as your IP address, browser type, pages visited, previously visited website, demographic information, time and duration of your access to the Website․ We may also collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Website, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information.
Personal information provided about other persons
Do not provide personal information about others unless you are authorized or required to do so by contract or applicable law. You may provide personal information on behalf of others if you have provided them with a copy of this Statement and obtained their express and unambiguous consent. We may ask you to provide evidence of that notice and consent.
How do we use it?
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations. When you unsubscribe from our newsletter, your email address will be securely deleted from our files․
Access by third parties
Furthermore, the Foundation may transfer your data to our analytics cookie providers and our third-party subcontractors, such as a hosting provider. Your personal data is provided subject to agreements which state that these service providers keep such information confidential, that the data is not used for their own purposes and that all information will be used in accordance with applicable privacy legislation, including strict provisions in the light of data security. The Foundation will not supply your data to other parties except when required by law or in the event when the Foundation may be restructured.
Third Party websites and social media
The Foundation may provide hyperlinks to websites from other companies or people. The Foundation is not responsible or liable for any processing of your personal data via these websites. The Foundation’s Privacy Statement does not apply to the use of such websites.
If you share content from the Foundation Website via social media, your personal data will be visible to those visiting your personal pages on these social media websites. We are not responsible or liable for any processing of your personal data via social media websites. The Foundation’s Privacy Statement does not apply to the use of such social media websites.
Social sharing features
The Website may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which lets you share actions you take on our Website with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
The Foundation has taken appropriate technical and Foundational security measures to protect personal data against loss, misuse, alteration and/or destruction. These include installing a firewall to prevent unauthorized access to our systems, using secure servers as well as ensuring the personal data is stored in physically secure accommodation. Your personal data are dealt with in strict confidence. Although the Foundation exercises reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your equipment and our systems, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the internet.
If we become aware of any security breach which results in unauthorized access to your personal data, we will endeavor to inform you.
Access, correction, and deletion
The Foundation aims to keep our information about you as accurate as possible.
As a data subject, you have relevant rights that you can exercise when someone holds or processes your personal data. In particular:
- Right of access։ you have the right to request a copy of the information about you stored in the database of the Foundation.
- Right to rectification։ you have the right to correct inaccurate and incomplete data about you held in the Foundation.
- Right to be forgotten։ under certain circumstances, you have the right to request the deletion of all information about you held in the Foundation.
- Right to restrict processing։ under certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to portability։ you have the right to have your personal data transferred to other organizations.
- Right to object։ you have the right to object to certain ways of processing your personal data, and to request to stop or limit the processing of your personal data.
If you wish access to your personal data processed by the Foundation or have your data updated, corrected, or deleted, please send your request via our “contact us” page. If you feel that your rights have been infringed, we prefer to discuss this in good faith with you. However, you may always contact the appropriate local data protection authority.
Questions and complaints
Should you have any questions or complaints about this Privacy Statement, please contact us via “Contact us” page.
You hereby unconditionally agree to submit any action or dispute arising from this Statement to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Armenia.
Last updated September 27, 2023